Energy Saving by Recycling Summer Heat to Winter Warmth
Saving energy begins with constructing well insulated buildings and continues with finding the most economic form of Renewable Energy to create Low Carbon Buildings.
Interseasonal Heat Transfer™ for low carbon buildings ...
- provides reliable, low-cost on site Renewable Heat for space heating by re-cycling solar energy
- saves over 70% of carbon emissions compared to using a gas boiler for heating
- provides reliable, low-cost, on site Renewable Cooling by re-cycling winter cold
- saves over 80% of carbon emissions compared to using standard air conditioning for cooling
- provides low-cost heat source for industrial processes using ThermalBanks as thermal stores
- reduces emissions by using re-cycled solar energy instead of burning fossil fuels
- provides heating without reducing air quality
- prolongs the life of solar thermal panels by saving the heat in ThermalBanks instead of allowing them to overheat in summer
- attracts Renewable Heat Incentive cashback for use of ground source heat pumps
- attracts Renewable Heat Incentive cashback for use of solar thermal collectors
... the most attractive choice for those who aim to construct Low Carbon Buildings
The combined benefits make IHT the most attractive renewable energy choice for offices, schools and universities, hospitals, community centres, urban and suburban housing developments, industrial developments and private houses aiming for low energy buildings.
Merton Intergenerational Centre heated in winter, cooled in summer, by IHT
Low Carbon Buildings
Commercial Buildings - Economic Renewable Energy
Economic renewable energy for commercial buildings can be provided effectively using Interseasonal Heat Transfer: IHT balances the heat requirements of the building with the land it stands on. Surplus heat energy is extracted in summer to provide cooling. The heat extracted is stored in ThermalBanks in the ground and recycled back to the building in winter to provide heating without burning fossil fuels.